Extrasolar Visions II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extrasolar Visions II

Extrasolar Planets.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Planet TablePlanet Table  Log in  

Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Edasich
dK star
dK star
Edasich

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL) Empty
PostSubject: Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL)   Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL) Empty9th June 2008, 12:55 pm

I'm rolling on the floor laughing but I post it anyway Laughing

http://fr.arxiv.org/abs/0804.2754
Back to top Go down
ciceron
Planetary Embryo
Planetary Embryo

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL)   Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL) Empty17th August 2008, 8:52 am

It stands to reason that we are more probably detected by our involuntary radiation that by our voluntary and directed radiation , but to assume an alien super civilization is hostile...come on...

I suppose that boy would have a fit if he comes to think of all the radio and television broadcast in the last 90 years ... omnidirectional and various times as brigth as our own sun Smile

Now that i think of it... has anyone tried to pick up the play-alien channel ? alien
Back to top Go down
http://el-francotirador-mvv.blogspot.com/
Sirius_Alpha
Admin
Admin
Sirius_Alpha

Number of posts : 4320
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL)   Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL) Empty17th August 2008, 1:13 pm

ciceron wrote:
It stands to reason that we are more probably detected by our involuntary radiation that by our voluntary and directed radiation , but to assume an alien super civilization is hostile...come on...

Indeed, there's no evidence to suggest that other extraterrestrial civilisations are hostile. On the flip side, there is no evidence to suggest that extraterrestrial civilisations are peaceful. Making a tally of Hostile-to-Peaceful civilisations in the galaxy based of known data would be... somewhat inconclusive. However if I had to place a bet, I would say they're generally peaceful.

ciceron wrote:
Now that i think of it... has anyone tried to pick up the play-alien channel ? alien

I've read a few times before that you would need a set of antennas the size of a continent (imagine the VLA, but spanning the entirety of North America) to watch Human television shows from stars a few parsecs out. If any sort of extraterrestrial civlisation 60 light-years away somewhere does manage to pull it off and tune in on our television and radio broadcasts, they would get treated to some of Hitler's speaches at Neuremburg rallies. That might make humanity, in the view of any potential listeners, a hostile civilisation.

Any such broadcasts any civlisation picus up from any other civilisaton will have to realise that they're getting an outdated view of that society, and that what you ascertain about another civlisation may no longer be true.

Edasich
dK star
dK star
Edasich

PostSubject: Re: Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL)   Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL) Empty17th August 2008, 1:51 pm

According to me it's just they have still found no Earth-sized world as many times claimed, thus they're coming out with such issues Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
Sirius_Alpha
Admin
Admin
Sirius_Alpha

Number of posts : 4320
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL)   Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL) Empty17th August 2008, 1:55 pm

Edasich wrote:
According to me it's just they have still found no Earth-sized world as many times claimed, thus they're coming out with such issues.

Lol, I do wonder, though, if some extraterrestrial is sitting at his computer, waiting on their own variant of arXiv to display more papers. When it finally does, he looks through the titles, desperately hoping to learn that new planets have been discovered. And, as it has been for the past month-and-a-half, finds nothing. The said extraterrestrial must sit around again, in extreme boredom and near-depression, as their extrasolar planet count stays exactly in the same spot... as it has done... as it seems like it always will...

Edasich
dK star
dK star
Edasich

PostSubject: Re: Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL)   Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL) Empty18th August 2008, 5:10 am

Sirius_Alpha wrote:
Edasich wrote:
According to me it's just they have still found no Earth-sized world as many times claimed, thus they're coming out with such issues.

Lol, I do wonder, though, if some extraterrestrial is sitting at his computer, waiting on their own variant of arXiv to display more papers. When it finally does, he looks through the titles, desperately hoping to learn that new planets have been discovered. And, as it has been for the past month-and-a-half, finds nothing. The said extraterrestrial must sit around again, in extreme boredom and near-depression, as their extrasolar planet count stays exactly in the same spot... as it has done... as it seems like it always will...

So depressing....

Suspect lol!
Back to top Go down
Mezon
Micrometeorite
Micrometeorite
Mezon

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL)   Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL) Empty13th September 2008, 11:52 am

Sirius_Alpha wrote:
Edasich wrote:

Rotfls... that's just like you, Sirius!

PostSubject: Re: Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL)   Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL) Empty

Back to top Go down

Detection Probability of Terrestrial Radio Signals by a Hostile Super-civilization (LOL)
Page 1 of 1