Extrasolar Visions II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extrasolar Visions II

Extrasolar Planets.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Planet TablePlanet Table  Log in  

The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets

Go down 
+2
Sirius_Alpha
Edasich
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Edasich
dK star
dK star
Edasich

Number of posts : 2292
Registration date : 2008-06-02

The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets   The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Empty9th January 2010, 5:28 pm

Probably he's read two different estimates of spectral type and orbital separation for the one and ONLY dim stellar companion of HD 126614.

The system turns out TRIPLE if you account the exoplanet candidate, after all. Rolling Eyes

In the box Borislav posted GJ 649 b features again.
In first paper about GJ 649 b it's also listed another upcoming Jupiter-sized planet from an M dwarf in Scorpius: HIP 79431 (Apps. et al., in press).

Several planets around putative subgiants. I say "putative subgiants", because NsTED provides no informations about mass, radius or luminosity, only distance.

Plus SIMBAD lists them as or K0III or K0 stars.

Cool way to open this new year! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daniel
SuperEarth
SuperEarth
Daniel

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets   The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Empty9th January 2010, 5:46 pm

On this chapter:

6. HD 126614 A
6.1 Stellar Characteristics
Quote :
HD 126614 (=HIP 70623) is identified in the Henry Draper and Hipparcos catalogs as a single star. As described in 6.5, we directly detected by adaptive optics (AO) a faint M dwarf companion separated by 489mas from the bright primary. We refer to the bright primary star as HD126614A and the faint companion as HD126614B. These stars are unresolved in the Doppler and photometric variability observations described below. The planet announced below orbits HD126614A and is named HD126614Ab. In addition, HD126614A is orbited by a second M dwarf, NLTT37349, in a much wider orbit (Gould & ChanamĀ“e 2004). This outer stellar companion is separated from HD126614A by 42"" and does not contaminate the Doppler or photometric observations.

Last edited by Sirius_Alpha on 9th January 2010, 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Slight formatting.)
Back to top Go down
Daniel
SuperEarth
SuperEarth
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets   The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Empty9th January 2010, 5:59 pm

sorry people i'm new here and and post the text like that i don't know how ... could you please Sirius Alpha correct for me?

Last edited by Daniel on 29th March 2012, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
dF star
dF star

Number of posts : 3337
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets   The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Empty9th January 2010, 6:38 pm

Daniel, check out the BBCode help available here, should help you with the syntax.
Back to top Go down
Sirius_Alpha
Admin
Admin
Sirius_Alpha

Number of posts : 4320
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets   The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Empty9th January 2010, 7:54 pm

Cool =) Thanks for that reference.

Daniel
SuperEarth
SuperEarth
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets   The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Empty9th January 2010, 8:29 pm

what i found interest is because this planet wasn't announced by the extrasolar planet encyclopeadia, there is not other reference of such planets in other scientific papers

this is are really forgivable planets by the most of scientists

that show that extrasolar planet encyclopeadia it's important refence in exoplanet for the scientist

many scientific statistics on exoplanet depends of this, like the M dwarf stars gas giant planets, statistics now there is one more around Gl 179.

That now is the first time the read about that one,thanks this forum and who post, Borislav,me that found after so long forgettable,Sirus Alpha the admin, and all people that participate...then let keep going like that everybody! The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Icon_cheers

the extrasolar planet encyclopedia must be more cafeful with that kind of mistake
Back to top Go down
Daniel
SuperEarth
SuperEarth
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets   The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Empty9th January 2010, 8:39 pm

Borislav:

if you never would put that topic "up" today maybe i wouldn't found that so important forgivable scientific paper today

Thanks Man! The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Icon_smile

now this informations can travel around the world for everybody
Back to top Go down
Sirius_Alpha
Admin
Admin
Sirius_Alpha

PostSubject: Re: The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets   The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Empty9th January 2010, 9:05 pm

Daniel, I've recently learned that exoplanet.eu is indeed aware of these planets (and has been aware for some time). I am not sure why the relevant pages are not yet publicly accessible.

The scientists who write the papers are generally more informed about the total extrasolar planet count than we or exoplanet.eu are. Occasionally, they'll drop a reference to an unannounced planet in their paper. Remember we get our information from them.

lodp
Asteroid
Asteroid

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets   The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Empty18th March 2010, 9:22 pm

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1003/1003.3488v1.pdf

Have we seen something about these before - the first Author's name reminds me of a paper that only got published on a website other than ARxIv.

Hmmmm.

HD34445, HD126614, HD24496, HD13931, and Gl 179 Were mentioned in the sixpack.pdf So what happened to HD24496b?

Last edited by Sirius_Alpha on 18th March 2010, 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Found original paper @ California Planet Search)
Back to top Go down
http://www.lodp2.plus.com
Sirius_Alpha
Admin
Admin
Sirius_Alpha

PostSubject: Re: The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets   The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Empty19th March 2010, 1:44 am

Merged with a thread about much the same topic.

Lazarus
dF star
dF star

Number of posts : 3337
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets   The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Empty19th March 2010, 6:40 pm

Parameters seem to have been revised a bit since the preliminary version on exoplanets.org, and more observations are listed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets   The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The California Planet Survey I. Four New Giant Exoplanets
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2