Extrasolar Visions II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extrasolar Visions II

Extrasolar Planets.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Planet TablePlanet Table  Log in  

Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system

Go down 
+3
Lazarus
Sedna
NuclearVacuum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NuclearVacuum
Terrestrial Planet
Terrestrial Planet
NuclearVacuum

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty
PostSubject: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty19th August 2008, 7:30 pm

As far as I remember, this section is to discuss fictional and plausible planets. So, I am posting my planetary system... again (since I've updated a lot about it).

Dazbog is a rocky planet approximately 35 light-years away from the Earth. The planet orbits the close binary star system of Delta Trianguli (known locally as the Dreieck system). The two stars are both main sequence stars (one is a G-type and the other is a K-type) that orbit close enough to each other that planets (even habitable ones) can orbit the system safely. Orbiting the two suns are 10 planets (five Terrestrial planets and five Jovian planets).

The second planet orbiting in the system is Dazbog. Dazbog is a Terrestrial planet that is about the same size as the Earth. The planet is also a Gaian type planet, but not the same subtype as the Earth. The Earth is classified as a EuGaian subtype planet (which is covered with water and pure oxygen), Dazbog is a ChloriticGaian subtype. In Layman's terms, a "ChloriticGaian" is an Earth-like planet, but contains pure chlorine and is covered with hydrochloric acid (giving the planet a distinct green glow). Though the planet seems to be a hell, this chemistry can, and is, supporting life. Though not carbon-based life (like on the Earth), phosphorous-based life can survive these conditions.
Back to top Go down
http://nuclearvacuum.wikia.com
Sedna
Planetary Embryo
Planetary Embryo

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty1st September 2008, 2:27 pm

As reading this, Dazbog seems to be not a hell, but a paradise, a paradise that can be imaginated. So, you are the first one to present one of your planetary systems in this new World Building section. And I see that you are a good planet's creator. I hope that your other planets will be good, and the planetary systems from other members too.

Bye

Sedna
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
dF star
dF star

Number of posts : 3337
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty1st September 2008, 3:57 pm

Chlorine would probably be only a minor constituent of the atmosphere because of its reactivity, but only a small percentage would be very unpleasant for humans and turn the atmosphere noticeably green.

Say goodbye to any possibility of an ozone layer on such a planet -- I'd suspect that life would have to be aquatic to shield itself from solar radiation, and close binary systems such as Delta Trianguli are more prone to flaring than single stars.
Back to top Go down
NuclearVacuum
Terrestrial Planet
Terrestrial Planet
NuclearVacuum

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty1st September 2008, 4:44 pm

Lazarus wrote:
Chlorine would probably be only a minor constituent of the atmosphere because of its reactivity, but only a small percentage would be very unpleasant for humans and turn the atmosphere noticeably green.

I usually put sulfur over chlorine in the Dazbogan atmosphere. But I am not too good with atmospheric chemistry.

Lazarus wrote:
Say goodbye to any possibility of an ozone layer on such a planet -- I'd suspect that life would have to be aquatic to shield itself from solar radiation, and close binary systems such as Delta Trianguli are more prone to flaring than single stars.

Hm, never though about that. Wouldn't the magnetic field shield the radiation (or at least most of it). As I like to put it, most of the animal life on Dazbog is "aquatic", where as most of the plant life is "terrestrial." Don't plants do better in radiation than do animals?
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
dF star
dF star

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty1st September 2008, 4:46 pm

Magnetic fields shield against charged particles. It won't stop the ultraviolet/X-rays.
Back to top Go down
NuclearVacuum
Terrestrial Planet
Terrestrial Planet
NuclearVacuum

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty1st September 2008, 5:06 pm

Lazarus wrote:
Magnetic fields shield against charged particles. It won't stop the ultraviolet/X-rays.

I did read something that chlorine photosynthesis would need UV light to work... so this might work after all.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
dF star
dF star

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty1st September 2008, 5:44 pm

Depends how much UV is too much UV...
Back to top Go down
Edasich
dK star
dK star
Edasich

Number of posts : 2284
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty22nd November 2008, 4:42 pm

I've taken a look to your wiki-site. Very well done. Smile
Back to top Go down
NuclearVacuum
Terrestrial Planet
Terrestrial Planet
NuclearVacuum

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty13th June 2009, 12:25 pm

I have done a complete rewrite on my Dazbog article.

Edasich
dK star
dK star
Edasich

Number of posts : 2284
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty14th June 2009, 6:29 am

Beautiful article, gotta say. And nice pictures provided. *I also like the brand new avatar of yours, with stylized components of Del Tri A-B*

About the "alien girl", I notice a bit of "eerie" and manga influence *lol* Razz

I would like trying a drawing, if you provide me references and descriptions. Smile
Back to top Go down
ciceron
Planetary Embryo
Planetary Embryo

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty14th June 2009, 9:17 am

I'm just intrigued about how is economically feasible to have human oxygen-breathers as slaves in a chloride atmosphere with high UV doses

Should'nt be humans toxic to any native of a ChloriticGaian ecology?
Back to top Go down
http://el-francotirador-mvv.blogspot.com/
NuclearVacuum
Terrestrial Planet
Terrestrial Planet
NuclearVacuum

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty14th June 2009, 9:57 am

ciceron wrote:
I'm just intrigued about how is economically feasible to have human oxygen-breathers as slaves in a chloride atmosphere with high UV doses

Should'nt be humans toxic to any native of a ChloriticGaian ecology?

I am still working on it, but I am coming up with an idea for how any species can survive in the most hellish of conditions. Something like a skin-tight spacesuit, that you would not recognize that it is even on. (Since my world is SciFi)

Darkness nova
Asteroid
Asteroid

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty29th June 2009, 4:42 pm

I have to admit I'm a bit envious at how the things mesh together. ((The artwork I mean.))

Last edited by Darkness nova on 10th August 2009, 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
dF star
dF star

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty6th July 2009, 4:32 pm

So the civilisation's technology is at a level where they can effortlessly keep humans alive on a chlorine planet, but they still use slaves? Are they just sadistic psychopaths, or what?
Back to top Go down
Sirius_Alpha
Admin
Admin
Sirius_Alpha

Number of posts : 4320
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty6th July 2009, 7:01 pm

Lazarus wrote:
So the civilisation's technology is at a level where they can effortlessly keep humans alive on a chlorine planet, but they still use slaves? Are they just sadistic psychopaths, or what?
Gotta admit, that's an extremely good point. Razz

NuclearVacuum
Terrestrial Planet
Terrestrial Planet
NuclearVacuum

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty7th July 2009, 5:40 pm

Lazarus wrote:

Actually, only a few Yadderevoes use slaves. Slavery never happened in their history (since they are isolating in nature). Slavery was brought to them from their interstellar neighbors. They are most certainly not psychopaths. Razz

Sirius_Alpha
Admin
Admin
Sirius_Alpha

Number of posts : 4320
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty7th July 2009, 6:14 pm

I am curious why the interstellar neighbors use slavery, if they have the technology to traverse the stars. Razz

NuclearVacuum
Terrestrial Planet
Terrestrial Planet
NuclearVacuum

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty7th July 2009, 8:19 pm

Sirius_Alpha wrote:
I am curious why the interstellar neighbors use slavery, if they have the technology to traverse the stars. Razz

I got the idea from watching Star Trek (so blame Gene Roddenberry). Razz

ciceron
Planetary Embryo
Planetary Embryo

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty11th August 2009, 1:51 pm

I could buy the "pet" approach better than the "slave" one Smile

http://el-francotirador-mvv.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system   Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system Empty

Back to top Go down

Planet Dazbog of the Delta Trianguli system
Page 1 of 1