Extrasolar Visions II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extrasolar Visions II

Extrasolar Planets.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Planet TablePlanet Table  Log in  

Swirling Water? Europa

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
marasama
SuperEarth
SuperEarth
marasama

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Swirling Water?  Europa Empty
PostSubject: Swirling Water? Europa   Swirling Water?  Europa Empty12th December 2008, 1:13 am

Sirius_Alpha
Admin
Admin
Sirius_Alpha

Number of posts : 4320
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Swirling Water? Europa   Swirling Water?  Europa Empty12th December 2008, 8:34 am

Very fascinating! The article says that if more heat is being generated within Europa than expected. This sways my "vote" for the next outer planet flagship mission in favour of Europa.

Last edited by Sirius_Alpha on 12th December 2008, 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://solar-flux.forumotion.com/
Lazarus
dF star
dF star

Number of posts : 3337
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Swirling Water? Europa   Swirling Water?  Europa Empty12th December 2008, 8:48 am

Given the NASA unmanned missions budget is pretty much being entirely taken up by JWST and a horrendously overpriced mission to a boring dustball planet, I doubt we'll see a really interesting new outer planets mission for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Sirius_Alpha
Admin
Admin
Sirius_Alpha

Number of posts : 4320
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Swirling Water? Europa   Swirling Water?  Europa Empty12th December 2008, 8:53 am

Indeed. I quite honestly am willing to wait until after JWST for more interesting missions. JWST should bring forth a lot of good science in extrasolar planetology.

MSL... get it done and over with is my opinion. After MSL, perhaps it's time to take a break from Mars and go explore two more interesting worlds, Europa and Titan. Mars exploration doesn't really seem to have much of a defined goal after MSL, other then the futuristic idea of a sample return.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swirling Water? Europa   Swirling Water?  Europa Empty

Back to top Go down

Swirling Water? Europa
Page 1 of 1