Extrasolar Visions II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extrasolar Visions II

Extrasolar Planets.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Planet TablePlanet Table  Log in  

Local Linear Analysis of Interaction between a Planet and Viscous Disk and an Implication on Type I Planetary Migration

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michael Johne
Micrometeorite
Micrometeorite
Michael Johne

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Local Linear Analysis of Interaction between a Planet and Viscous Disk and an Implication on Type I Planetary Migration Empty
PostSubject: Local Linear Analysis of Interaction between a Planet and Viscous Disk and an Implication on Type I Planetary Migration   Local Linear Analysis of Interaction between a Planet and Viscous Disk and an Implication on Type I Planetary Migration Empty13th February 2009, 4:04 am

Hi!

http://de.arxiv.org/abs/0902.1887

Quote :
We investigate the effect of the viscosity on disk-planet interaction and type I migration of planets. We have performed a linear calculation using shearing-sheet approximation and obtained the detailed, high resolution density structure around the planet embedded in a viscous disk with a wide range of viscous coefficients. We find that the density structure in the vicinity of the resonance is modified and the main contribution to the torque comes from this region, in contrast to inviscid case. The torque can be much larger than the inviscid case, depending on the Reynolds number. This effect has been neglected so far but our results indicate that the interaction between a viscous disk and a planet is qualitatively different from an inviscid case and the detail of the density structure in the vicinity of the planet is critically important. We also briefly discuss a possible connection between the analyses of viscous disks and turbulent disks.

Bye!
Back to top Go down
http://exodb.de.vu

Local Linear Analysis of Interaction between a Planet and Viscous Disk and an Implication on Type I Planetary Migration
Page 1 of 1